Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Singing S'more

I had a long day of wrangling today for a combined Pampers/Cheerios Ad. I have tried to JUST SAY NO to wrangling for the last quarter of the year, to leave more room in my schedule for auditions. The opportunity cost can be high when I choose to wrangle, over auditioning for say a national commercial.
However, today I got to work with a photographer that I first worked with in Boston, who I just love. And the rate was right on, so I said YES.

Of course yesterday my commercial agents call with an amazing audition that I just can't miss. It is a regular hosting gig for people.com. I found out that the photographer was hoping to wrap up by about 2 today, and the audition was at 4, so it was perfect.

Well, our dear little darling 18-24 month olds were not in the most cooperative mood today. No, they did not want to stand quite intimately with a stranger pretend model mom. No, they did not want to stack blocks with their left (and 5 out of 5 times) NON dominant hand. No, I don't want to put that one block on the top of that stack 50 times in a row. No, I certainly do not want to stand there in that intimate place, reach with my non dominant hand over and over again AND look at the block AND smile while I do it but at the same time look determined. Nope. Not me.

I wonder why.

Anyway, after some long arduous attempts, and what I thought was some amazing stuff at the end of the grueling hours, I was released. I had 39 minutes to get to the audition. Hopstop said it would take 31. I made it with about 5 minutes to spare and it went really well. I got to talk about Hayden Pantaoerwoieytoyew-whoozer bucket wearing some cool coat.

On the way home I got the call that the girls and I have a callback for a print ad for Mott's Applesauce. There are only 4 other families being called in and considered, so I feel a little pressure, but excited as well. My older daughter will have to miss a little school in the morning, which I don't like, but when it's the three of us, I make exceptions, because it doesn't happen very often.

My final bit of news is that a former colleague of mine is writing a musical, and she asked me to prepare a song from the musical for a class she has next week. She and her partner are currently writing/composing this musical, and the song will be critiqued by their writing peers and professors. It is a really fun song to work on, in a great key and about a very interesting character in the history of American Religion. Always love to be singing.


4 comments:

marian said...

Wow, I can't say I was expecting to find myself reading about pentecostalism this evening, but it was very enlightening. Quite a lady! Can't wait to hear the song. :-)

Kage said...

The stuff on wikipedia alone is pretty fascinating...the abduction? wild...the song is fun. One rehearsal tonight, and then another monday night and do it Tues....

Jen said...

I like how you think in terms of "opportunity costs" that is exactly how my mind works...glad I am not the only "nerd" (and I mean that in the nicest way). Too many economics classes....

Kage said...

oh yeah, total nerd right here. You're 31? We are getting old....