Thursday, October 18, 2007

TPT

She was at Target, doing a LOT of shopping.

Once she had finished loading all the groceries onto the belt, she headed down to where the checker was bagging her items. There were already so many bags! She started examining and noticed the checker was putting one or two items in one bag. She began combining items, to reduce the number of bags she was taking home with her.

After she had arranged her items in as few bags as possible, she quickly explained to the checker that she was trying to use less bags and save the earth, and then she handed her the large stack of empty bags. The checker then threw them in the garbage! She said to her: "That's not the point!"

But the checker's body language indicated that she didn't hear one word, or see her efforts at all. Ugh.

6 comments:

Gedde Adventures said...

Ridiculous! That happened to me the last time I went to Target too!!! I didn't have a stack, but maybe 2 that they just threw away! Ugh, I love Target, but geeez!

Stacy said...

Oh...that makes me CRAZY! It's sad that we've become such a 'trhow away' culture.

Melissa said...

the exact same thing happened to me on thurs...ok not EXACT, but close. the checker/bagger was putting one or two items in ever bag and then she said "oh these are ripping on me" (no they weren't) and started DOUBLE bagging everything. I told her I was trying to consolodate and not use so many bags please and she looked at me like I was from Mars.
I am going to bring this to the attention of Target - they are wasting lots of money, bags and Earth! But I still love them.

Heather said...

I am willing to start a picket at Target (using recycled cardboard, and non-toxic markers) holding a sign reading "Sack the excess bagging!!!"
However, for those that have to carry bags up a 4 story NO ELEVATOR apartment building...the doubled bags are nice. Hate to see my green beens rolling down to floor 2...

Kage said...

Don't get me wrong, I love Target. On their bags they have printed ways to reuse the bag, and I definitely do reuse them, and I support double bagging for the reasons Heather stated, but when I am making an effor to help save some plastic and she just throws them away right in front of my face, that's a problem.

nymanzanita said...

I would talk to the managers of the specific stores where this has happened..... use it as an opportunity to educate them.