Sunday, November 04, 2007

BOTH

So...yesterday ended up going really well. The stand-in job for Garnier was not at all what I expected.

I expected sitting around and being at the ready whenever the photographer or client might need me to stand in place for the talent. I expected to be standing and standing and standing while lights etc. were set up and tweaked around me. I expected to be in the background of a lot of chaos.

Instead what happened: I was the star of yesterday. The photographer and her team had most everything set up when I walked in, and my job was to try on a variety of white and black tanktops, and go through all of the shots that they needed to capture at the real shoot, which is today, with the actual hired model/actress.

Even though there was no hair and makeup there for me, we did some tweaking here and there to get it as close as possible to what they want on the model today. I think I might have actually scored some really great shots for my portfolio. My favorite tank top was this one, which looked STUNNING over my jeans....especially the thong part! Don't worry, it wasn't as low cut as the picture.

The best part of yesterday is that they let me dash out to my callback! I made it! YIPPEE! And a saint of an actress traded places with me so that I could be seen right when I arrived. I feel that the callback went really well, so now it's the never-ending WAITING GAME.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! dont you love it when a plan comes together???!!!

Anonymous said...

im the above first anon comment. i forgot to ask you. what job did you get? sorry-i got a little lost. you had a few auditions going on right?
christy

Kage said...

christy, see Saturday's post. I had a stand-in job for Garnier at the SAME TIME as a callback for Philly Cream cheese, and I thought I would miss the callback, but everything worked out and I did both!

Laura said...

Glad it worked out! Your life is cool and it sure does keep you hopping!

knittingirl said...

Nevermind my comment on your previous post - I just had to read one day later to find out how it went!! Congrats and hope you get the philly job - that would be sweet!
Rhonda

LJ said...

Wow! You never cease to amaze me with your energy and optimism. Thanks for sharing your stories- they are so fun! Can't wait to hear if you get the jobs... Best of luck!

kONniKaLITa said...

k that tank is a little scary....

nowlze said...

yess!! i'm a little late and just catching up!

that rules.