Sunday, November 18, 2007

Weekend

I spent Friday going to a callback for a Hewlett Packard industrial and a go-see for a Kraft print job, that I really want to get. It's so cute....close ups of girls with excited eyes/eyebrows next to white bowls of salad. Fun.

I also got lil sis her very own hot pink potty, as my 171st attempt at potty training her over the past 7 months. It's not going so well.

When I picked up big sis at school I ran into her classmate and her mom, and remembered that we had spoken about the possibility of ice skating that afternoon. I wasn't really prepared what with my several shopping bags and audition jeans on, and big sis with her thin leggings and summer dress on, but decided to go for it.

We headed to my favorite Bryant Park and skated at The Pond. It was seriously the most fun Friday afternoon I had had in a long time. Seeing my daughter ice skate for the first time, and the thrilled smile on her face as she went around and around and around just reminded me of all her firsts in life that I have had the opportunity to experience with her. She also looked so small amongst all the skaters zipping around the pond and the old trees and tall buildings. She got the hang of it much quicker than rollerblading, and it made me excited for more!

All around us, the Christmas market was getting set up. It reminded me of the Christkindlemarkt in Salzburg...the little huts full of ornaments and other gifts. Just another reason why I love Bryant Park.

Yesterady we attended a birthday party at the Player's Theatre downtown, to see the Literally Alive Theatre Company's production of The Little Mermaid. Of the children's theatre I have seen in New York, I would say the production value was high, but some of the performances were a bit spotty. The important thing is that the girls loved it, and I thought the pre-show workshop was a nice touch.

That evening we had our church's Thanksgiving and a Cake Auction to benefit some of the teenage girls trip to camp next summer. My husband LOVES this event. We bought 4 cakes, I won't tell you for how much....one was $65 dollars, and I have to admit, it was good.

Since we partyed hearty yesterday, today has been one meltdown after another. And I am feeling completely overwhelmed by the impending Thankgsiving feast, because I have been spending far too much time on my paper mache turkey. I know it will all get down, I just don't know HOW!

1 comment:

knittingirl said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one struggling with the potty-training!! We've gone through two potty chairs and a potty seat and my big one still fights it! These are both our spirited kids, right?!
Rhonda