Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Considering the Idiotarod

I knew my neighborhood had room for me when I witnessed participants in the Idiotarod.

This year's race is on the 26th. I swear, if the weather stayed THIS warm and this shopping cart was only $20, instead of $120...I would so be participating. I figure I could throw the girls in the cart, and get two other crazy friends to come along for the ride. Costumes would mostly be either a superhero theme or a princess theme...either one would be perfect.

I just asked my DH if he would let me buy a shopping cart for the race and he said NO without even considering it for one second, what UP with that? I didn't ask him to run the race WITH ME!!!???

My only concern is that I fear all checkpoints along the route are bars and there might be quite a bit of drinking involved, which may make this event slightly inappropriate for children...but maybe instead of participating in the race, I will check out a few check points along the way, camera in hand.

We'll see...



6 comments:

Ann said...

did you mention to your dh that the shopping cart is ON SALE!?!? i'm sure if he knew it was $2 off he'd go for it!

Natasha said...

what if you were to go to the Best Yest Supermarket by my house and "borrow" a cart? They don't have a funny locking wheel. You can tell them you will bring it back as soon as you run the idiotarod
sounds like fun. We might have to come watch this year!

Natasha said...

ALSO, I just read the rules. . .anyone in spandex will be disqualified. I guess that means that Mrs. Incredible is out of the question. . .

Kage said...

DANG, re: spandex...

jen said...

that was my thought too..."borrowing" a cart....you
could totally pull it off!!!

y said...

Oh my GOSH! I cannot WAIT to see this LIVE and in person!! If I cannot participate I want a front row seat, baby! (But maybe from a safe location ... looks a little intense if you don't have your own shopping cart full of fish-oil as a defensive weapon).