Saturday, January 19, 2008

GLASS GIRLS

Friday morning, my dream came true. As Big Sis was practicing the violin, I was playing the piano to accompany her, and Lil Sis came running in: "I want to sing!" My dream band, The Glass Girls was born. Big Sis played the violin, I played the piano and Lil Sis sang the entire song: TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR! Or, as she sings, starS.

After we finished Lil Sis requested that we sing ABC's. So, off we went again the three of us, singing for the first time, what will be our second hit song: The ABC's. When we finished, Big Sis whispered to me: "Mom, Lil Sis was singing ABC's, but I was playing Twinkle, Twinkle." Hilarious.

For those of you who don't know, Twinkle Twinkle and The ABC's share the same familiar melody, as does Baa, Baa Black Sheep.

Anyway, my girls are finally big enough that they are catching the spirit that is music, and I am thrilled.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Bravo!

HK said...

What did you expect? After watching you and Darby at the National Theater,O obviously wants to be a part of the act next year! It was only a matter of time...

TftCarrie said...

Can't wait for that cd!

Melissa said...

wonderful! Glass Girls rock!
sad...i didn't even know you play the piano.

Kage said...

oh melissa, my piano playing is nothing to write home about....

Aprilyn said...

That is great! Last night my family was over and my littlest sang for the family. He sang "I'm a VIP" and "The Very Best Part of Christmas". It was so cute!