Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday

I don't know if this is the way all anti-seizure meds work, but for mine, every 3 days for the first 9 days, the dosage increases. I had my last increase just in time for the weekend, so now I am at the full dose.

I had a difficult time with this last adjustment. This weekend was really hard. On Saturday I went to hang out with a few of my girlfriends and one of them said this was the most mellow she had ever seen me, and that she had never witnessed me talk as slow as I was talking. When I was done hanging out for a few hours I came right home and fell right to sleep.

On Sunday morning I could barely keep my eyes open during church, so I went to the lobby and fell sleep on the couch after I had had a good cry in frustration over my drowsy, drowsy state.

This morning I felt the drowsy feeling come on within an hour of taking my medicine, so I allowed myself 30 minutes to lie down. It was not the most relaxing with my 2-year-old practically bouncing on my head, and she almost brought me to tears again. I HAD to lay down though because the girls and I had a print job this afternoon. I know, I know...I was feeling really unsure about it, but I was doing it for a colleague of mine, and I thought it would be a good experiment to see how I am really doing.

Well, I learned that being out and about is working for me. I felt very energized by being with people and by being on set. I do feel quite tired tonight, and I don't know if I could keep up a daily pace of being out there and doing it, but this afternoon for 4 hours went really well.

I was really impressed with the makeup artist's camouflage techniques. Even 6 hours later, when I took the picture, I really couldn't see my blemish. He did an amazing job.

This is my face tonight after washing it:


This is my face after the makeup artist worked his magic, before I washed it tonight.


Anyway, baby steps...a little progress every day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Would you like me to bring red bulls over tomorrow night???

Natasha said...

WOW, your make-up artist did a great job! I NEED one of those EVERYDAY just to make me look normal!

You are looking great! Soon you will feel like yourself again. Next time you need a nap, call and I will bring G over and we can entertain O

Aprilyn said...

My best friend has seizures and is on medication for it. She is very knowledgeable about these medications. Would you like me to talk to her for you? You could email me and we can either correspond that way or you could call me..whatever is best for you. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time right now. Can anyone in your ward help take care of Lil' Sis during the day when you need to rest? My email address is Natersmommy@comcast.net

Beth said...

Wow.... I am really thinking about you during this time. You are so strong. Keep it up. I wish there was something I could do to help from way out here in Cali????

y said...

A job! Oh my goodness!! We need a new word for impressed.