Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Weekend Report



I have had such a wonderful weekend. It is the first time I felt like myself in several weeks. On Friday morning my DH and I took the kids to an Easter Egg Hunt at the church. We spent a lazy morning eating candy and socializing with our friends. We dragged some of those friends to an equally lazy lunch and after a stop at Costco had a low-key Friday night.

Saturday morning the Easter Bunny had made a visit. The girls enjoyed their eggs and Easter treasures. One of the goodies was the DVD Enchanted. It is my new favorite movie. It was my first time seeing it and I really did love it. I think it might be my new goal to create a production number in Central Park this summer a la Giselle.

Then I cooked for Easter. I rarely cook a meal with so much food, but I have to say it turned out so well. I warmed a ham from Costco and with that had spinach/strawberry salad, blanched asparagus, blanched greenbeans and carrots, maple carrots, and dill new potatoes. One of my guests brought delicious orange rolls and an Easter Cake. Everything tasted so good. I was very full and very happy.


Tonight as I write this, I am tired. BUT it's not that groggy, medicated, hazy tired. It is that good tired, the kind I get when I have just smiled a lot and shared a lot of good times with people who I love.


6 comments:

Aprilyn said...

We just watched Enchanted yesterday. I loved it too. My 9 yr old son liked it. He LOVES musicals. Although he liked the music, he told me he thought that Giselle needed more clothes on. What a good boy!

Sue said...

Our little Lauren got Enchanted for Easter as well. It is very cleverly written and I have enjoyed it playing in the backround...which is nice because I think we have watched it about 12 times since last Wednesday when we rented it. Now that the Easter bunny has brought us a copy I can return the video!

Beth said...

I LOVE Enchanted! I think it's even more hilarious if you've lived in and/or visited NYC. So funny.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It must be so nice to feel like yourself again. Thinking about you....

TftCarrie said...

So glad to hear you had a such a great weekend. We got Enchanted too this past week. I think I was more excited for it to come out on DVD than the girls. Such a funny movie. Of course my favorite part is when she whips up new dresses out of the whatever fabric she an find. And please let me be in your Central Park production number!

marian said...

Yay enchanted! I went to see it in the theater with my mother-in-law, two sisters-in-law, and my 5 year old niece. And we ALL loved it. Now that's the sign of a good movie! I think I'm going to buy it for myself...

onehm said...

Adorable cake! And we LOVE Enchanted too...
And I am so glad that you enjoyed your weekend. You deserved it after the bit you've had recently!