Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Art Show

I'm pretty sure the pictures tell the story, but I would like to write a few words. Big Sis and I went to the Art Show at her school. It was such an event. Art coating the walls, a jazz band nearby and a parade to boot. Big Sis marched with her classmates donned in her handmade mask, complete with her own speaker system. Inside the mask was what she called a speaker so that she could speak to those outside of herself, and on the outside, a little cone that you could speak INTO so that she could hear you.









Should I be concerned that my daughter painted my face in dark black? Would the therapist read into that?

At the end of our evening Big Sis said: "Mom, I never saw the show, I couldn't find it." I tried to explain the difference between a dramatic presentation and an Art Show, but midway through my explanation big sis said: "Mom, could we stop talking about this now because I really don't get what you're saying." Well, good, because I don't get what I'm saying either.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

what a funny comment! you look so pretty kristy.

Aprilyn said...

Hahaha. Funny!

Ashley said...

Haha that's funny! You look so pretty in that picture! :)

knittingirl said...

Great story and great pic of you and big sis... now remember all of my prior makeup questions?? What do I use to look like that?! help!