Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mermaid



The afternoon after the Revlon Run/Walk I took my sister and my daughter to The Little Mermaid. After the show we had the special opportunity to get a backstage tour of the theatre. Derrick Baskin, who plays Jetsam in the show met us at the stage door and took us around. We saw all the racks of costumes, the giant set pieces, and we even got to walk across the stage. We met Sherie Rene Scott who plays the wicked Ursula and the little boy who plays Flounder. I think Big Sis was most excited to meet him. He was 10 years old and really sweet.

We took a few pictures, here with Derrick and

Norm Lewis who plays King Triton


Sierra Boggess, who plays Ariel was a stand-out as well as Titus Burgess, who plays Sebastian. I'll be honest, it wasn't my favorite broadway show that I have seen. Though the talent was stellar and the ocean to stage translation whimsical and imaginative, it didn't get me in the gut...the stakes just weren't high enough. Nevertheless, it was entertaining and I am so glad I got to see it with my sister and my daughter.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

I am a HUGE fan of Sherrie Renee Scott..