Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Community Service

Today I got to go on a field trip with my daughter's class. We walked several blocks to a nearby nursing home to play a concert for the lovely residents.

Please do not make fun of my photoshop....I just had a few minutes to take out a few folks in the background:

I love it when I get a chance to wear my tank (bought on etsy) of my violinist daughter!

I had two jobs today. I MC'd the concert (skipping completely our second performer...whoops! sorry! frontal lobe!) (don't worry, I realized it about halfway through...) And I also accompanied Big Sis while she played two of her favorite pieces.


I had never been to a nursing home in NYC, and can I just say, even the wiser generation still look like New Yorkers...one gentleman in particular had very stylish glasses and sweater! They all seemed to really enjoy the children performing.


There was a little boy today who played a piece that was very familiar to me. It was my very last piano assignment that I fulfilled before quitting piano lessons. I had been playing for 5 years and I was twelve years old. He just turned 6.

I also had two castings today, one of which has already resulted in a callback (yes!), and I did my 100 crunches for delilas! I must get to bed now so that I can force myself up in the morning for Day 4 of Kristy returns to exercise!

1 comment:

delilas said...

KAGE you make me smile. I guess I have a real challenge going on. I have a cool chart that I will sent you. Big Sis is a doll. :D