Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fam and the City

One of the perks of living in NYC is that it is a popular tourist destination.

It becomes even perkier when family are the tourists. Last Sunday I saw my cousin and his wife and children at my daughter's Violin concert. Then yesterday I saw my DH's uncle and aunt and first cousin once removed (who happens to live here too, but we don't see her much). We ate a nice lunch and I treated them to my favorite cupcakes in town. I also saw The Dakota yesterday, which I hadn't thought of/noticed since I came to NYC for the first time 11 years ago.

Today my DH had 5 of his cousins and their spouses in town, so I met up with about half the group to do some Central Parking and again, the cupcakes. I try to work those in with all visitors to the city.

In Central Park I got a taste for Geocaching, as his cousin had mapped out several for Central Park. My kids loved following the GPS, but we never found the treasure...rats! (exclamatory phrase, not rodents). We also passed by Tavern on the Green and learned a few dance moves from an Indian Wedding celebration that we happened upon in progress.

The past few days have been my most favorite weather in the world. That sunny and seventy forecast that I just L-O-V-E LOVE! This afternoon I hope to get out again after I get some of my hairs cut. Part of me really wants to chop it, but I think I will try to like what I've got already. I think I will after it is a little more sculpted....we'll see!!!

4 comments:

beth said...

I miss those perfect spring NYC days! Nothing like them.....

Rachel H said...

Just reading about the Dakota and seeing the picture, and thinking about seeing that restaurant...oh I am so needing a trip to NYC! I am wondering if one with a newborn would be out of the question? JUST LOVE IT THERE...

Kage said...

rachel h, all you need is boobs and a bjorn and you are set for a trip to NYC with a newborn...and then we can hang out!

wendysue said...

It really WAS a fantastic day. . .thanks so much for coming into the city with the kiddos to hang out for a bit!!