Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gradually Going Green

It was such a beautiful New York Day today.

After I experienced phenomenal customer service at the Union Square Petco (I had both internet and store items to return and no store receipt, and they were WAY good), I decided to walk in my city for a while. I happened upon the Shake Shack at Madison Square Park, a place I have never been to because the line is always so long, but passed by several times. If you work nearby, you can check the live webcam to see how the line is progressing.

I saw an elderly Weimaraner and my heart took a little gulp. After speaking to his owner for a while, I thought the line looked short and I ought to experience my first SHAKE SHACK. I got a shackburger and a black and white shake. I was so pleased to see that they are a GREEN establishment. Their power source is the wind. Beautiful.

The food was great but left me with a bit of a tummy ache. I went home and had plans to take a power walk, but instead I collapsed on my bed and slept. I woke at my alarm unready to face the world. Then the med moment started. I felt like I was being flushed down a toilet into sad, irrational land. I decided my best defense was to phone some friends. I spent most of the afternoon talking to some chums, which helped very much.

On the way home from picking up Big Sis from ballet, the phone rang. My agent! A callback! I am now officially back in the game. That helped me feel a bit better too.

1 comment:

K.J. Ford said...

Congrats on the callback and good luck!