Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Student of the Week



My daughter is student of the week this week. As one of here S o W events, I came to her class yesterday dressed as Mrs. Incredible...I took a pic with the class in our best super hero poses.



Riding the subway donned as Mrs. Incredible was surprisingly not out of the ordinary for most people. I rattled very few riders with my red lycra bodysuit and thigh-high black stripper boots. Before we went home I changed clothes, but I still had my black mask painted on my face, and that's when it got a bit dicey. Lil Sis was "on one" and during one particular scolding after she almost tripped and rolled down a very tall set of subway stairs, a man got in my face and informed me I needed Jesus in my life...he also muttered something about wearing a mask...that that prevents me from having Jesus in my life...something like that. I ignored him even though the meds told me to bite him in the bicep.

We made it home safely and without further incident, and I quickly washed my face so that Jesus could be with me once again. Let us pray.

10 comments:

Chloe said...

HA! Love it...

Get thee to church, woman :)

Linz said...

Loved that last sentence of paragraph two. Also love how you have disguised the children so they could be posted on Glass Posse.

Melissa said...

have you seen astronaut farmer? this totally reminds me of when he goes in to the classroom and the teacher thanks him for dressing up as an astronaut...he really IS an astronaut. Does the teacher know you really ARE Mrs. Incredible?
Love that the mask sans the rest of the get-up caused more of a raucous. Love NYC!
Good luck on your journey to Jesus!

Lisa said...

Can you imagine having a mom that would come to your class dressed like Mrs. Incredible???!!!

Kage said...

lisa/mom, it's probably only cool when you are in Kindergarten, although several of the kids requested that I come back next Halloween once they found out what my costume is going to be.....so maybe 1st grade too.

Aprilyn said...

Wow! You are awesome! I guess it's only in a big city like NYC that you can ride the subway dressed as Mrs. Incredible and nobody really notices. I dress up for Cub Scouts but not for school. BUT, my son is in 3rd grade now so I'm guessing it wouldn't be very cool now.

MKC said...

Too funny! :-)

Ashley said...

That's so cool! How funny/a little scary about that guy though.

Elizabeth S said...

That's hilarious!

amydc said...

Sounds like the subway man needs to review the chaper on the fruits of the spirit.
That- or he needs to find Jesus.