Monday, June 09, 2008

Exercise Week 2

1200 crunches in two weeks.

Well, I do straight crunches for ten, then left side for 10, right side for 10, bicycle legs (lower abs) for 10, then leg lifts perpendicular to my body, into the air for 10 and then repeat, all to La Tortura.

I did it again 6 times this past week.

I really desired to exercise everyday this week, but it was still difficult to rise from my bed in the morning. And strangely, I think I have gained a little weight this week.

I was also ravenously hungry almost every day, so maybe my body will balance out better next week and my eating will match the needs of my body on the new exercise regime.

In other news, my brain has been bombarded by "old me" thoughts. It was like a herd of elephants were restlessy trapped behind a very large heavy gate (Lord of the Rings, Mordor-style), and were just released....running free like escaped, caged animals....the elephants represent the creative thought that was locked up inside since HB08....and now they are loose and having their way with me again....I'm ok with it! Creative thought has returned! I'm dreaming again!

The first crazy thing I have done is signed up for two open calls...my first of the year! I am preparing to attend Mary Poppins (again) and Avenue Q next Friday....so I began my practicing with a medley of South Pacific Songs for my family during dinner tonight. (Growing up the rule was NO SINGING AT THE TABLE, and I break it all the time now that I am in charge). I also sang most of the Disney Princess songs in my repertoire while my little ones dramatically interpreted them through dance..."Just around the RIVER.......BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENED!"

5 comments:

Jmc4180 said...

i'm glad that you are feeling like yourself again. i know what its like to have meds take away your normal self. blessings :)

delilas said...

You go girl w/those crunches! I would love to sit at your dinner table on one of your Disney days. :D

sarahbclark! said...

shakira songs are great for workouts! good choice.

marian said...

welcome back!

I've been a little lax on the crunch challenge, I was at my college reunion this weekend in NY (and you KNOW how hot it was!) sleeping on the 4th floor of an un-airconditioned dorm, so there was NO WAY I was going to exert myself! But I'm back in the game now.

stacibee said...

Love that song! What other songs do you have on your playlist?