Tuesday, June 03, 2008

He did it.


Finally, this part is over. In 2008, the first African American Nominee. I have been so inspired.


I can't believe it's only June...it seems like this has been going on for YEARS!

I caught some of McCain's speech tonight. He has clearly gotten a few delivery coachings since last I watched him speak. He is doing much better in his presentation, but he had such an unexpected delivery and smile with his line: "That's not change we can believe in."...sometimes I felt like he was parodying himself, but I am sure his acting coach will help him with that tomorrow and he will continue to improve with his speech-giving. At the outset of all this my two faves were McCain and Obama, so I am so looking forward to the race ahead.

Today during kindergarten, while the teacher was explaining that it's ok when friends disagree, my daughter raised her hand and said: "My parents disagree a LOT!" The next 5 months will be interesting in our house. I saw a sticker on the subway the other day: Republicans for Obama. I tried to convince DH that this website will be his new home page, but I am not sure if he will go for that.


3 comments:

delilas said...

Kage,

He was in my neighborhood today in No VA. So tell me the one main thing that attracts you to him?

:D

Kage said...

The one main thing? His Vision.

More?
His hope and optimism and belief in our country and our people.

More?
What he represents as the african american/caucasion man that he is.

And there's more too...

delilas said...

Thanks! "Change we can believe in!"
I'm undecided at this point, but paying close attention to the "How" to get this change that we need. I love your passion. :D