Friday, June 27, 2008

Home

I am taking a teeny, tiny, quick trip right now.

I found out earlier this week that a family friend passed away after a long battle with Parkinson's. A little bird told me that my name was mentioned as a possibility to sing at the funeral.

I hung up the phone and booked the flight.

So now I am here, and I am trying to mentally prepare for the funeral in the morning. I am singing a song that I have sung at 3 previous funerals and a 9/11 memorial service. This song is loaded, and that's an understatement.

I am glad I went to the viewing tonight so that I could shed some emotions so that I am a bit clearer tomorrow. Sweet Dreams.

6 comments:

Chloe said...

You will do beautifully :)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad that you mentioned this - I hadn't received word of his passing yet, and because of your message, I found out that the burial is actually fairly close to my home - hopefully I will be able to attend. I'm SURE you did a fabulous job.

Aprilyn said...

What did you sing?
By the way, when Yahoo chat loaded this morning, there was an advertisement with your picture on it. I had to click it to be sure but yup, it was you! :) It was for the Nuva Ring?? I think that's what it was called. You look great of course.

Rane said...

that's a tough one...I'm curious too..what did you sing? I'm sure it was lovely and amazing...as always!

Kage said...

I sang The Largo from Dvorak's new world symphony, with the lyrics Goin' Home. It's beautiful, and the perfect song for such an occasion. It is I think the 5th time I have sung it at a funeral, and it was the best so far. It is so difficult to sing at a funeral without crying/weeping.

Melissa said...

how special that you were able to be there and participate in the service.
I have never heard that song before - going to look it up now.