Monday, June 02, 2008

new stuff

What a long day I had today.

Lil Sis and I left the house at 9:30 for the last violin lesson of the school year (no, do not hazzah just yet...summer session starts soon enough)....and it was go go go from then on out.....

Half day at school = Picnic in Sheeps Meadow with classmates...then off to a casting at 2 where I had to where "at home Holiday wear"...I wore a t shirt and capri pants and threw on a holiday-print vest.....no way was I wearing or changing into winter wear on this hot hot day. It was so great to see a few of my audition friends...Shellee and Victoria....it's been several months since we have crossed paths.

After that we finally got me some chow, went to Union Square playground then a bathroom break at Barnes and Noble and visited every single animal at Petco. We finished our day with McDonalds. This being the reward for behaving at the casting....Big Sis' idea, not mine...I went with it.

Tonight I have been catching up on a little scrapbooking while watching Dirty Jobs. DH is in O Canada ....AGAIN....

I also got some work on DVD last week and uploaded little section to my website. Scroll down to Nuvaring on the bottom left (not the commercial at the top). Be glad I spared you the graphic of the vagina and the detailed description of the various intricacies of that life-bearing organism (or organ?)....oh yes....you should have seen the kids faces as they watched the cartoon body parts and listened to their mom explain everything. I think maybe I will save this DVD for the birds and the bees talk in a few years....

3 comments:

wendysue said...

Hearing about Nuvaring reminds me that Whitney was right on cue when we were at the midwife today and she saw you on tv. . ."Hey, it's Kristy!" (Just a reminder for you to track down those royalties (or whatever they're called) CNN Accent Health)

I love me some "Dirty Jobs" and lately "Deadliest Catch". . .those guys are CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

Bit of a random question really. I'm currently potty training my little boy. It's going suprisingly well with only a few accidents mostly when we're at home. The only thing though is that when we go out I seem to take more with me than I did when he was a baby........spare pants, socks, trousers, tshirts x2. How did you get around taking the world out with you when you were going through this. I'm currently pregnant with number 2, and my back can't take carrying a huge bag!!

Kage said...

anon, when I was first potty training I used pull ups on outings to avoid the whole: pack half my closet situation....

Anyway, that's my only advice....and know where the nearest clothing stores are in an emergency....or wear layers. This past winter lil sis went home with my sweater as her pants because of an accident.