Monday, June 16, 2008

Pitch Perfect

I have been bitten by the musical theatre bug....again.

Last week I attended two open calls, for Mary Poppins...again and Avenue Q. They went pretty well considering the long hiatus I have had from the auditioning scene. The biggest difference in the auditions last week compared to past auditions, is I had let go of a lot of fear. I haven't quite gotten over the nerves for musical theatre auditions, like I have for commercials and such.

Tomorrow I am attending another one. This time an open call for the Disney peops. Tonight I finally remembered and pulled out my book to do a quick run-through of my piece. Before opening my piano, I asked Big Sis if she could sing an A.

She sang a note....I then played the A on the piano and they matched.

I told her she could retreat to her bedroom as I just became a very jealous mom.

My "perfect pitch" is always a half step low. I know this now, so sometimes I can adjust it in my head before singing outloud, but I highly doubt at the age of 6 I could just sing an A on demand. Boy Howdy.

She then sang REFLECTION with me SEVERAL times...it was kind of a role reversal...she coached me through my practice, instead of the other way around.

5 comments:

onehm said...

WOW!!!
I am impressed with anyone that can sing an A on demand...or anything close to it, but seriously??? Your 6 year old??
That's IMPRESSIVE!!

Good luck at all the auditions!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Leave it to the violinist to sing an A on pitch. If she was a clarinetist, she would have given you a Bb. :o)

Hannah

Chloe said...

WOW, that is seriously impressive. Watch out, you have a musician on your hands, mom...

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well for your audition tomorrow. God bless.

Love,

Dad

amydc said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!