Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today's Adventure: Bernadette at Barnes and Noble



Big Sis' kindergarten teacher is so open and flexible to adventure. I suggested we go see Bernadette Peters at her Barnes and Noble Appearance today, and she jumped right on board. In fact, the kids had a copy of her book, Broadway Barks, and had read it already several times.

We packed up the kids and the book and made our way over to B and N this morning at 10 AM. We had front row seats as we had another mom call ahead and make arrangements for us to walk right in ahead of the crazy fans.

She has one of the most unique looking dogs, and he is featured in the illustrations of the book. She read the story and then sang the lullaby at the end. After that she signed copies of the book, and here she is signing the kindergarten class' copy. And of course, I had to get one each for my girlies as well. Someday, they will appreciate the legend that is Bernadette......








7 comments:

Liz said...

That is great the teacher is so open and flexible! I have fond memories of listening to Bernadette as the witch in "Into The Woods" as a child. Thanks for the pics.

Becoming Me said...

Very cool! What an awesome opportunity.

Chloe said...

I'm sort of hypervenilating because I LOVE Bernadette. Like, I wanted to BE her when I was in high school and college.

Beyond cool...

Aprilyn said...

Wow! I can't imagine just up and going on a field trip like that. Cool.

Anonymous said...

MAN. That woman looks unbelievable. She is 60. Did y'all know that?! SIXTY. Wow.

Hannah

Kage said...

She really does look amazing, and I was surprised to learn that her sister (Donna DeSetta, Casting director....whose casting office I frequent...), is OLDER than her. Her sister looks amazing too...they are both defying age amazingly....

Ashley said...

That is really cool!