Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gradually Going Green

Ok, it's time to rat on my sister.

When I visited her a few weeks ago, she had about 40 water bottles in her room, all at various levels. They were all gathered together in one spot, and she explained that when she was thirsty, she just picked one and took a swig. I am touched that she is attempting to empty all of them before recycling them, but still....

I very much want her to have a fresh start in college and so I went to the sigg shop to order her a water bottle, as a little gift from me to add to the other gift I gave her.

I was so happy and surprised to see this letter from Sigg.

What? There are NOT enough? YEAH....it's catching on...

But then I started to panic and I just clicked BUY on the ONLY sigg bottle they have left on the site. And I am not sure if I want to give it up to my little sis or not. MY Sigg has had a rough go at it, and the paint is starting to chip away from it's encounters with the subway pavement. When my newest sigg arrives, I am going to have to really think it through whether or not I want to forward it to sister. I might not be able to part with it. Ok, it's already arrived, and it's staring at me, and it wants to stay in my apartment....hmmmm...what to do...

6 comments:

merathon said...

i recommend these from nalgene. they are bpa-free as well, MUCH cheaper, and don't dent!

http://www.reusablebags.com/store/nalgene®-ldpe-22oz-sport-bottles-p-1115.html

Lisa said...

Maybe this will help...your little sister already has one!

Chloe said...

Wow, I am glad that we bought our Siggs when we did!

Megs said...

I saw your post and thought this would be an excellent alternative to my water bottle consumption in my classroom. (I am a teacher). I went to the site, and found retailers. I ordered one off of EMS.com. Try there! I always order my outdoor gear from them, so they are trustworthy!

Catherine said...

saw that letter when I was reading the site that I bookmarked forever ago when you 1st posted it.....and when I went to our whole foods grand opening and found a HUGE display........got one for my 3.5 year old daughter! there display has been just about wiped out!
catherine and paige in orlando

Coco said...

hahahahaha i do have one
i like my little mountain of plastic.

alright let me get through this last batch and then ill start making you proud