Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ikea Therapy

A new one opened in Brooklyn. This is considerably closer than the old New Jersey or New York Ikea...I have never attempted Ikea without a car, but my friends have, and I am sure they will be very pleased with the new Brooklyn local.

Anyway, I went to Ikea looking for one thing....a picture frame, and 90 bucks later I came home with more than that.

This is exactky what I wanted the frame to be for my daughter's artwork. The color is perfect! Of course, as is always the case with ikea, the size is wonky, so I had to make an impromptu mat around it, but I love how it turned out. It is an ink and marker drawing of what she wants to b when she grows up: An actress who sings.....wow, that's out of left field...


My next find were these sealing clips. I love the quanitity for the price and the colors. Much better value than the Pampered Chef alternative (and ugly colors) I am used to.


I also got a frame for this piece of art that I acquired a few months ago from a street-sketcher. It is the third addition to my sisters wall, that I hope to have full one day....I search etsy regularly for just the right sisters print, and have my eye out when I travel....so let me know if you see anything!

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Did you make your impromptu mat out of post it notes? If so, it looks awsome! Love it!

And I wish we had lived in NYC long enough to see the Brooklyn Ikea come to fruition. I always hated hauling out to Hicksville or Elizabeth...

Kage said...

the border is scrapbook paper scraps....I haphazardly cut them into squares and rectangles....all during Flipping Out...so maybe I was inspired by Crazy Jeff....but really it just tied in all of Big Sis' colors that she used in the pic.