Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Posse Nook

We have been in THE CONDO for a little over 1 year, and it is still a work in progress. The latest work is the throw pillows. I love them, and I love how they cover up the couch that I want to replace so much. BUT, my little ones just act like little HATERS toward those throws.

A few months ago, I started placing them in a little corner of our family room. I imagined it as a reading nook. I think I even sat and read there once before it became the new hangout for the sisters.




Usually the nook escalates to a blanket and chair fort, which I am totally ok with. I am just glad that we have another little place for the posse to hang.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

These girls remind me of other girls I have known....

Rachel H said...

Ahh! Throw pillows are my eternal battle in our living room! My kids seem to instinctively go straight to the pillows on any sofa they see and throw them off. If my kids are in the room the pillows are inevitably in a huge pile on the floor. Oh well!!=)

Chloe said...

We have the exact same situation in our house. I wish that it would stay a nook but it always escalates to forts and "clubhouses" as they call them. They ALSO drag their blankets from their beds in there. Daily battle...but hey, they're having fun together so I can't complain too much...

Melissa said...

I just saw you in "Big Kid at Sundown." I don't watch a lot of commercials (thank you tivo) but you were adorable. I wish you had more air-time.

I still get miffed every time I see that stupid Nuva-Ring commercial. It's SOOOO awful.

kj said...

Your reading nook is perfect for them. Isn't it fun that with their imaginations at work, a corner nook becomes a private world. Recycle a big cardboard box sometime, cut shutters and a door, they will wear it out as their hideout or store. That's some of the cheapest entertainment.