Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Retail Therapy

Since I get paid in chunks, I spend time making lists of purchases I want to make, once I have a small portion of that chunk in my hot little bank account. The rest goes to pay off THE CONDO...

So....I got to check a bunch of things off my list recently because I got a chunk.

I hope these flats fit because I wore my first pair of black flats into the ground....this will be my first try at zappos, and I am excited about the free shipping both ways in the event they don't fit.

I bought these boots but I am not totally sold on the picture. I hope they aren't as chunky as they seem....

I much prefer that THESE work out...they look beautiful...I just hope they are rugged ENOUGH for the city-beating they will get.

I acquired some great rainboots at a church Soup N Swap last fall, but the boots wore out on the inside making my heels blister, so I am on to my next pair of rain boots. I find rain boots to be an essential in NYC...it rains a LOT here, and I am always out in it.

And finally, I need a puffy coat, and my last one has some zippering issues. Instead of paying to get it fixed, I am going to donate it (because it is still wearable with a scarf), and try this ridiculous coat for the fall. I might have to remove the FOX if it makes me sneeze, but I am excited about the detail on the cuff, the hood and the cinched waist....this is the puffy coat trying to be stylish, so I am for it. Yeah Nordstrom anniversary sale! I am going to donate the 70 dollars I saved on this coat to The Fashion Fast.


5 comments:

merathon said...

where is that second pair of brown boots from? they are FAB!

Beth said...

Love everything of course..... you always have great style.

Lisa said...

Looks like you are settling in for a long winter in New York....

Kage said...

merathon, nordstrom.

I got the zappos today. Love the flats, CUTER on...but not sure they are going to feel the most comfortable.

Brown chunky boots WAY comfortable but a bit rugged...would be good in the weather but not sure I love the style, and they were a little shorter than I expected..crossing fingers for the second pair to be JUST RIGHT.

Laura said...

I love seeing your purchases. I always find it hard when I need to replace shoes that worked. It seems my replacements are never as good. With shoes wearing them to "wear them in" is always risky because what if they still hurt. Ah the joys of shopping.