Monday, August 04, 2008

Concert Dresses




Every year my Big Sis will have concert presentations with her violin. I was happy with the dresses I found last year. I loved the silver tights with black patent mary janes to go with the cute silhouette of the black velvet dress. I also LOVED the yellow patent wedge peep-toe shoes that I paired with the two spring dresses.

This year, so far I am LOVING these two picks from jcrew. I think CREWCUTS is going to be my new fave line for the concert dress for Big Sis....and they will make for great hand-me-downs for Lil Sis and the cousins (IF I can part with them!)

What I love about these two dresses is the sleeves. They are PERFECT for a violinist...the length and detail....perfection! I also like the idea of a lighter colored dress so that the violin can pop. Can't wait for them to arrive.

The bow on this one is perfectly placed, because the violin will float in the air JUST parallel to it.

This one I have had my eye on since the spring, and it was half off, but a size too big, so it will hang in the closet until the 2nd grade concerts...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love them all but especially the mustard colored one. There is another, better name for that color but it is escaping me at the moment...wait...is it chartreuse? Anyway, love that one! Can't wait to see her in it.

Kage said...

I think J Crew calls it HONEY.

stacibee said...

Oh my gosh, those are DARLING! She is going to look so cute! Do you think they have them in my 7 month old's size?? :)

Linz said...

LOVE them.

Kage said...

stacibee, jcrew has different sizes from other children's clothing companies....I think they do have babies...XXS I think? check it out...they have a sizing chart on line.