Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pinkalicious Part I


Tomorrow we are going to see the Musical, Pinkalicious. It is one of our favorite books, and it is read at bedtime, multiple times a week, along with Purpilicious.

In honor of Pinkalicious Day, we made our own Pink Cupcakes this afternoon. The local grocery store didn't have any boxed cupcakes, so we had to make them from scratch. It was actually pretty fun, and I got to try the frosting recipe of my favorite cupcake place, Buttercup Bakery.





The girls showed signs of turning pink just like the girl in the book. I wondered if authors Elizabeth and Victoria Kann were plot-inspired by making cupcakes with their daughters, and seeing how those little nonpareils transform skin!!!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Have fun! Lil Sis' hair is getting so long!

Linz said...

Lil Sis looks cute in an apron.

nymanzanita said...

How fun! Those books are great....arent they!? I got used to read those to my classes when I would subtitute teach and the kids LOVED them. Hope you have fun at the musical.