Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quote of the Week

I was wrangling twins, at the same time.

As I went to the holding room to pick them up, I asked mom:

"Do they have a favorite song?"

Mom: "Harry Belafonte."

"Uh....that doesn't help me....anything else?

Mom: "White Stripes"

"How about Old MacDonald Had a Farm? Are they familiar with that one? If not, I'll teach it to them."

After a quick itunes search, I think I could have come up with a little Belafonte....but only if my memory were jogged with: "Day-O or Jamaica Farewell...."

4 comments:

Chloe said...

With the White Stripes reference, that mom could totally be me. Some of the first songs The Boy could sing were White Stripes tunes...

Tandy said...

Too funny. My girls' favorite song is Handlebars by the Flobots. That being said, the Wicked soundtrack is probably worn out after being listened to more than 1000 times while we drive around.

Any tips for wrangling twins? I have a set of two-year-olds that seem set on driving me into an early state of dementia. :)

Kage said...

tandy, my thighs were burning for 3 days after that half hour I spent on set with the twins. They were crawlers and I had to keep resetting them...up and down up and down...it was like SQUATS to the max...

Tandy said...

Okay, so I'm not the only one. You'd think after two+ years of this I'd have a better handle on things, but it just seems to be getting more difficult! Who said they could have minds of their own?!?! :)