Monday, September 01, 2008

Bye Naperville!


My wee ones spent the week at Grammy and Papa's house. They had such a great time and so did we.

One of the highlights for Lil Sis was the dog. When Chloe Dog joined our family 13 years ago, I never imagined that my kids would know or love Chloe too.

Chloe has struggled to accept those outside of the family. She is quite ferocious actually. She had a few close calls with my chillies when they first joined the fold, but Chloe has turned over a new leaf and has done so well with them. She even slept in Lil Sis' bed every night last week. I had to explain to Lil Sis that Chloe is a Grandma Dog and she didn't want to play a lot or be handled very much. She didn't accept this very well at first, but a few hours later I heard her loudly explaining it to Big Sis: She's a GRANDMA DOG!

I am not sure how my parent's faired over the week. They sure put on a happy face over the weekend, and seemed full of energy, but DH and I know how hard it is to be the stewards of these lovely ladies. Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us have a fantastic trip to Chicago. We could not have had the time that we did without knowing the Sisters were in fabulous hands (and paws.)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The happy face and "full of energy" was no act. We had a FABULOUS time with the sisters. We will gladly watch over them anytime.

Ashley said...

That last picture is really sweet!

HHRose said...

Holy smokes...lil sis looks like Mommy in that last pic. How funny! Sorry you couldn't meet our elusive babe. :o)