Saturday, September 06, 2008

Inspiration for a Sunday

I only raised $100- for Nie-Nie. I sold 1 cd to the highest bidder, and then offered a cd to the non-widding bidders for a total of 100 dollars. It cost me 3 cds and $5.04 in postage. It seems like I could have done more. Anybody want to buy a cd? Proceeds go to the Nie-Nie fund....let me know.

Things have been a little crazy lately what with returning from my fabulous trip only to be plopped straight into our new school life, and I have not been able to read much about the Nie-Nie situation.


Tonight though, I stopped by Design Mom to see if there were any totals posted yet, of the blogosphere's fundraising effort, and instead I found a link to this article from the NY Times.

Please read it.

And I thought I had me some struggles this year...what a long road ahead for this young family. I know it's September, but think again, maybe you could make a donation...

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Thank you for passing on that article. It sure puts things in perspective.

Kage said...

thank you tftcarrie for making a fat little donation....your cd's will be shipped shortly....

Ashley said...

I sent out an email this morning to see if they can get more donations and most importantly prayers. I hope they can recover from this and see their kids again.

LJ said...

This is such an incredibly sad story. It has been on the news here in Utah too. Thank you so much for sharing this article and inspiring us to all help that sweet family. I can't even imagine... The love and support of others- even perfect strangers- has been amazing.