Saturday, October 25, 2008

Condo Adventures: The future

The economic crisis has gotten me a little off-course in my latest condo adventures.

See...my DH and I had a financial goal that we recently realized, and the reward for this was to purchase some new seating devices to replace our loveseats. When it came down to making a purchase last week, I got a little scared, and so instead, we decided to take Warren Buffet's advice and dump it into the market. Bye couch.......see you....

I made a little stop to this website to price out my second dream of having a retro diner booth, table and chairs in my condo...and I am super psyched about it. I even pulled out my tape measure today, and I think it's going to fit perfectly!

Since my budget is now swimming around in penny stocks, I better set my sights on something a bit more affordable. These fish bookends look tempting, except that whenever I have had betta fish in my care, they have committed suicide by jumping out of their dwellings. I wouldn't want any flapping about my beloved pages. darn...even fish hate me.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

That article is really good. My Dh's brothers keep saying it s a "buyer's market!!" - it makes sense really...but we've yet to do anything with it!

Chloe said...

I am liking the diner booth!

Jen said...

DH teases me that I have a crush on Warren Buffett....not really...but maybe a grandfatherly crush.

We did much the same....put some more money into the market instead of buying a much needed couch. I knew I made the right decision when I found Noe eating frosting with a spoon and with plenty of smudges on the couch the other day. We still have a couple more years to go before I feel good about investing in nice furniture!

Now...nobody can lose their job and it will all work out nicely in the end!