Friday, October 31, 2008

Without Further Ado...


When you cross Maleficent and Billy Ray Cyrus, you get:

Hannah Montana

Drama Note: I used Etsy's Alchemy services, and ordered a custom-made Hannah Montana tunic and jacket to match this one:

The fabric was shipped to the sewer MONTHS ago, and the garment was promised Sept. 14th. Guess what hasn't arrived? Thankfully, while paging through the TOYS R US bigbook, I noticed a new HM dress-up item that exactly matched what I was trying to achieve. I am still rather steamed that my seller never delivered and that I am out the bucks, but I am working on getting her booted from etsy.

And Sleeping Beauty:

This is Lil Sis' favorite Disney Princess, and I could not pass up the opportunity to be the evil Maleficent. The costume headpiece came as a 1-dimensional foam thingy, so I added a felt backing, polyfill and all the purple accents. I studied the golden book version of the illustrations of Maleficent for my makeup inspiration. I think it turned out well, though here I am sick and also extremely warm, so the makeup looks a bit drippy.


Tonight we trunk-or-treat, so we are off to go decorate the car and make sure all our treats are in order. Ooh, I gotta make cornbread too, as my contribution to the chilli cook-off.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

great costumes as always! everyone looks amazing! You make a great maleficient can't wait to show my 3 year these pictures~
Happy Trunk or Treating!!! great idea~
Paige is trick or treaing at Downtown Disney and trick or treating for UNICEF for the 1st time.........
Have a great SPOOKTAKULAR Halloween!!!!!
xxoxox,
catherine & paige in orlando!

Ashley said...

Great costumes! You make an excellent Maleficent! Britney also opted for Sleeping Beauty this year, but she won't wear the wig.

Beth said...

I was gonna say I'm so impressed that lil sis will wear that huge wig. You guys look great!

The Larsen's said...

after much contemplation, late last night it finally hit me what each of your costumes were. FINALLY!!! It was driving me crazy that I knew, but couldn't remember. You look FanTabulouS!!!!
k

D said...

Billy Ray is just as hot as I remember. Sweet outfits all around.

bspeck said...

Oh my word! You always put everyone to shame - what great costumes!!!

HHRose said...

Man, Brad would be ALL OVER your Esty catastrophe. He doesn't let anything slide. And he usually puts our attorney friend to work for us. The costumes are brilliant, as always. Go Jason.

Janna said...

Cute costumes!

& sorry about the dirty esty seamstress.

*Amy R.* said...

I just had to tell you that your costume rocks! She is one of the best villains of all time!