Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Memory Sunday

My sister has started Christmas Memory Monday at her private blog (thus no linkage), and so I am going to answer her with Christmas Memory Sunday. CMS.

Big Sis is asking about Santa a lot lately. She tells me that some kids at school are telling her he isn't real.

Big Sis: Mom, is Santa real?

Me: What do you think?

Big Sis: Yes.

Me: Me too.

When I was about her age I wanted to see if Santa was indeed real. I disciplined myself and did not tell my mom exactly what I wanted for Christmas. I saved my wish to tell only Santa. When I visited him I whispered in his ear: I want a mini tv.

I held on to this moment with Santa until Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning, if there was a little tv there, that he was real.

I went to bed with great anticipation, and I was so excited to see if Santa was indeed real. I ran out to the living room and sitting there was a mini tv. I was stunned! He was real after all! Why did I ever doubt!?

I am not sure when this happened, but I later discussed this with my mom...later as in months, years maybe. This was when the secret was out about Santa. I think that I maintained he was real because of the tv Christmas morning moment. I remember her telling me that she had found that tv in her car. And then I realized that I hadn't kept my secret completely to myself. I think I told my Grandma. And I think that she was the one who put the tv in my mom's car.

I'm not sure if I am remembering this right...mom, am I?

But....the reason I love this memory is because my Grandma loved me enough to make sure that my belief in Santa stayed strong, and she listened to me and made some magic happen.



4 comments:

Rachel H said...

Yay for Santa- I LOVE that magical belief of him, and I fully enjoy building the case for him coming every year! I know it doesn't last long, so let's enjoy it while we can, right?

Lisa said...

Yes, Kage, that is exactly right. I was as surprised as you were to find a TV in the trunk of my car as you were to find a TV under the tree! It was a great moment all the way around. BTW, I feel like you pulled a similar trick with the Tooth Fairy...telling a neighbor you weren't going to tell me you had lost a tooth. Thank heavens for good neighbors who clued me in and the Tooth Fairy lived!

kj said...

Krafty Kids! A very sweet memory. Merci beaucoup! The time for reading your "Santa Claus" book is right now. You & your family will love it!

DTA said...

Good memory!