Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cry it out...

Sometimes that's all you can do. And this time, it was me doing the crying, and not some hormone or chemical or convergence of the two.

And honestly, I don't know if Kristy has had a good cry about what happened to her on March 5th until last night.

I woke up this morning with swollen eyes...the familiar look of my youth when I had fallen asleep after crying it out.

I think that when all of this began I wasn't quite in my right mind because of the nature of my injury, I mean remember...I got a dog. The only choice I had was to fight and try to recover.

And now that I have healed and I have had a good percentage of the pieces of my life fall right back into place, there are a few still orbiting that do not have a place to go anymore, and I need to send them on their way to find a place somewhere else.

Dr. Shrink was a good listener and my story sounded familiar to him. He made some suggestions that I will discuss with my neurologist. I have a few ideas of my own, and so the journey continues...


11 comments:

Chloe said...

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how things went. Crying it out is sometimes the very best thing you can do for you soul. Swollen eyes are badges of honor in my book :) Love you :)

Lisa said...

Hold tight there, my sweet girl.

Helen said...

Sometimes it takes an outsider to get you to focus on something you would never have picked up on before. I'd say the new doctor is on target. You have lots of people pulling for you. If you need a get-a-way, we just bought some new bedroom furniture and need someone to try it out. Our prayers continue for you.

Sue said...

My kids know these days. I call them, "mom's not feeling good" days!

Rachel H said...

Awww! I feel for you! I am glad you are doing the counseling thing... I have had great success with it in the past... a good therapist can work wonders!! =) And crying is one of my landmark "get-better" activities!

TftCarrie said...

There is nothing like a good cry, but i'm not a huge fan of the "morning after'.

So glad you found a professional that can help you maneuver these uncharted waters.

wendysue said...

Ugh, I know too many of those swollen eyed mornings. . .but it's true, there's nothing like a good cry. It's amazing how it feels to just let it all out. Thinking of you.

The Larsen's said...

wish i could give you a hug.
k

Laura said...

Sometimes those feeling have to come out. It has got to be tough putting your life back together with a new normal and finding a way to make it all fit!

I find strength in reading about your journey!

DTA said...

I cry too, as you know.

All my love, prayers, heart and soul,

Dad

Catherine said...

a good cry is good medicine.....I tell myself that many times when I find tears welling in my eyes.....this is good, my eyes need to relieve some stress for my body.......it helps......feel better lady, believe me we've all been there.....

catherine & paige waiting for a sister for Paige from China for now 31 months!!!!! and no end in sight, yes, crying is good medicine.......

the pic of lil sis w/ the tomatoes in her mouth is also good medicine for paige & I, always makes us laugh.......