Thursday, November 27, 2008

Photo Summary of Macy's Parade 2008


Confetti anyone? Check out the LARGE amount this clown dumped on us. And we got dumped on A LOT. Yes, I was asking for it...literally: "Confetti! Confetti please!"



Lil Sis was kind of a grump until I finally sat down on the sidewalk next to her. Then we had a bunch of fun.


Check out this hat:

We thought Big Sis looked way grown up just chilling with her cocoa and her legs crossed.


The newest balloon, how much do I love Horton! So cute.

One clown asked us if we liked Brownies....OF COURSE....he offered us one:

Brown E...

And here we are....enjoying the perfect weather, friends, family, Thanksgiving spirit!


A few firsts for me this year:
I got a shower in BEFORE The parade
My turkey was moist! MOIST I say!
The gravy: made from scratch...I did NOT screw it up this year. A wonder of wonder...A miracle of miracles.
Rolls: none burned.

Seriously, I am a decent cook, I have just had some missteps. Next year's goal....all that, PLUS get my makeup on...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what time do you go to the parade and where do you stand??? It just looks so crowded on TV.
thank you.
Leslie, TX

bspeck said...

I am so jealous! One of these years we are going to make it up there!!!

Lisa said...

You girls are the cutest! BTW, who is that man you brought with you?

Reyna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
knittingirl said...

What fun every year for your family - I'm sure your girls will remember those parades fondly...

Kage said...

Leslie, it IS crowded. DH leaves our house around 6 and stakes out a spot. The past few years we have had 2nd row, but this year the girls nudged up in front of a tree where no one else was standing. The police gate had also lost a bar, so she could see really well.

The girls and I join DH around 8:15...we get our new york on and wade through the sea of people to find him. It has taken 7 years to master the plan, and it is a pretty good one.

Lisa, that man was FAR away. I used my telephoto lens to take a photo of his hat.

knittingirl, I think they do love the parade. I was all ready to skip Thanksgiving this year, but the girls have a memory now, so....a feast and a parade it is! I ended up having a great time...

TftCarrie said...

So jealous. We watched it on tv last night and princess said she remembered parts of it - probably from pictures though. Someday we'll come out and spend thanksgiving in ny once again. Glad you didn't give up on the tradition.

Lisa said...

Kage,
I was talking about your SLIM and handsome DH!!!!

TftCarrie said...

DH doesn't leave until 6:00 am? You guys are getting soft! I guarantee if we still lived in NY, there would be no sitting in the second row.

Seriously though, I really miss NY at this time of year. I think Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday in NY . . . yes, even without the gravy.

-Todd

katie said...

The sisters are lookin' so much alike, especially in the family picture!
Looks like you guys had a blast--thanks for sharing.

wendysue said...

Such a fun tradition! And oh, how I wish I could be addicted to that kind of Brown E.

HHRose said...

I brined my turkey (1st try) and it was THE juiciest turkey I've ever had. I'll send along the brining recipe later. Glad you had moist-ness. :o) Oh, but my gravy was a disaster.