Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12 Days of Christmas: Gradually Going Green

8

The greenest part of my Christmas this year has been to knit a scarf out of yarn that I gave a second life to when it was donated to the soup 'n swap at my church.

I also consider making home video DVD's for the family a green endeavor. It is small, it takes a lot of time and creativity...maybe it's more a gift from the heart than a green gift.

I SO admire my friends who are the handmade gifters. It is such a talent and I love it. One project that has stood out to me this season is Re-Made Board Books. This project I Could get into.

Check out the tutorial here.

And another friend made me a scrabble tile pendant necklace that says: BE GREEN. So thoughtful! I love it.


2 comments:

i'm kelly said...

love those board books, but i am so impressed that you knitted a scarf. that's one thing i really want to take up this year, we'll see if i get to it!

HHRose said...

"I'm Kelly," you can start here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/

The videos are VERY good. I'd also recommend finding a friend who can help teach you if you get stuck. Fixing mistakes is one of the hardest parts.

Kage, I'm with you on the home made thing. I wish, wish, wish, I had it in me. One day.