Sunday, December 14, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?


Last night I got to sing with my babies. They are getting so old! And they're good. Thanks to John Tarbet who arranged and played this version of Do You Hear What I Hear?



Big Sis was all business. She held her own, knew her notes and her words. As we were practicing the past few days, I kept getting a phrase wrong at the end, and she always corrected me. I still messed it up last night, and in her head she was probably shaking her head saying: Mom....that was NOT right...it goes like this...

At one point, I looked over at the girls, and Lil Sis was not singing into the mic like we practiced, she was staring at something in the opposite direction. I almost started laughing. I did not expect this reaction from myself. So I had to fight that. I also thought it was sweet that she took such a big bow when it was all over. Another element that we did not practice.

Lil Sis: Predictably Unpredictable.

It would be great if we could have a little of each of them rub off on each other. More smiles for Big Sis, more focus for Lil. Well, we've got some time yet...

9 comments:

Helen said...

Wonderful, and the music was absolutely inspiring. Nice way to start a Sunday before going to church. The girls are so cute, and getting so big. And your voice, as clear and crisp as ever. Thanks for the musical gift this holiday season.

Lisa said...

Oh how I loved this! Their personalities shined through, for sure! Their notes are spot on! Lil Sis...so wiggly! Big Sis...so professional and focused! And you my dear, fabulous as ever!

Chloe said...

Ahhh, I miss your voice :) So pretty.

Lil Sis is a HOOT to watch. So squirmy and excited and sparkly. And Bib Sis is dead on - ready for work.

Nice job, mom :)

onehm said...

Perfect to start my Sunday! Thank you for sharing your beautiful performance...even my kiddos watched and loved it!! Your girls did AWESOME!

The Larsen's said...

very very lovely. Im so glad you posted it since I missed it! I got some chills. What an important message that song has. I loved it!

Linz said...

Oh I love this!

MKC said...

That was so cute! Your voice is beautiful. I love your dress, where did you get it?

DTA said...

Wonderful.

Catherine said...

Bravo! Bravo!!