Monday, January 19, 2009

Bagels: Round 2

So, this time I decided to make orange, cranberry, whole wheat bagels. I made up the orange/cranberry party. I could have used more zest, but my oranges were a bit old...like I am embarrassed to say how long I had them in my fridge-old, and so they weren't very zesty, but definitely juicy. My craisins were also old....like even older than the oranges, but no one died from ingesting these bagels, in fact, they were tasty.


I tried to knead them so that they were smooth, but the whole wheat flour was harder to get smooth....but they were still yummy, especially right out of the oven.




10 comments:

Erin said...

those look good I am impressed!

Allyson said...

Those look tasty! I've never tried making bagels, and I'm intrigued. What is the recipe?

The Larsen's said...

oh, i still need to get that recipe. cant wait to try it!

Kage said...

It's too long to post in the comments, maybe I will get it together to post separately soon...

margo said...

kage post it on myfamily in the recipe section...we'd all love it. :)

ReeSesPcS said...

Aren't bagels fun to make? I've done it once, and couldn't believe how much easier it was than I thought. I mean, they do still take some work...but yum, when they are done! Yes, I need the recipe!! :)

Beth said...

Yes, definitely post the recipe. I want to try my hand at these... yummo.

Helen said...

Are you ready to try English muffins? I have a great recipe, and it is fairly simple as well.

Heather said...

I just cut up oranges that I brought back from Utah on December 26...can you beat that?

Kage said...

Heather, sadly I am guessing those oranges had been around about a month longer.....but no mold to be found....