Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

Even though I didn't know how I would celebrate the inauguration, it all came together in a moment.

Lil Sis and I seriously had the most amazing public transportation day. We had three legs on the way to my casting: train, train, bus...and we did not wait for one single leg. And on the way home we made good time too. I was craving sugar and hoping to see some of the events of today.

I had JUST enough of everything: vanilla, sugar, oil, flour, random tube of brand new blue frosting....and so Lil Sis and I made Obama Cupcakes while we watched our new President get sworn into office.

Didn't you love Aretha's hat? so cute...




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, a little too much bow on Aretha! It was bigger than her head! But I thought Michelle Obama looks very pretty today.

ReeSesPcS said...

Nice work! Gotta love random tubes of blue frosting. Glad it was put to good use!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too funny...I meant to send you a link to Obama-inspired desserts and crafts, but I forgot. Looks like you did fine on your own.

Hannah

Jen said...

Ed had to tell me that was the Obama logo on the cupcakes....hello, I'm slow. Really cute idea!

Kage said...

Jen, the obama logo done in frosting was not the best version I have ever seen...so you are note slow....