Friday, January 30, 2009

Video Friday

I have the video from one of the readings from last November.

When I was in high school, my friends told me that I never looked anyone in the eye during a scene, my eyes were always looking straight at their foreheads. There is a photo that I have somewhere (I saw it recently while rifling through some old photo boxes) when I was a junior in high school, rehearsing The Fantasticks, and there Luisa was, staring at Matt's forehead. Caught in the act!

I swear I have changed this habit, and I now look my acting partners squarely in the eye. However, the quality, angle of this video and perhaps angle in which we were standing during this reading, makes it look like I have no irises, and if I did have them, they would be looking at my acting partner's forehead. (run-on...) . And I swear I was looking him in the eye....yikes.

This piece was inspired by the 4th episode of the 4th season of The Office. I am playing the part of Jan, singing to Michael in the trainyard.

Without A Thought by Shoshana Greenberg:



6 comments:

LMT said...

That was awesome, hilarious, and such a treat to hear you. I think you need to be on Broadway. Then we can hear you all the time.

Chloe said...

That's so funny...keep singing!!!!!

Ann said...

i miss hearing you sing! and seeing you perform. love you!

Helen said...

You are so good - there is nothing else to say. One day the world will see that. Come back to DC and perform again!

Lisa said...

I LOVED that!

margo said...

I DID TOO!