Monday, February 09, 2009

Birthday Wishes for my OLD husband!


36!

My DH turned 36 today. Last year, on his birthday, we attended my Grandfather's funeral. We celebrated before we left, and the pictures say it all: DH has lost a lot of weight since 35!

This past year has been hard for me, I can't imagine the load my DH has been carrying: his family, his job, his calling as Bishop at church, and his getting-healthy plan. I am proud of you.

Jason has been wanting a hat, so I went out on a limb and picked one out for him. I hope he likes it. He took the tags off this morning, that's a good sign....although Nordstrom takes stuff back regardless...maybe not as good a sign as I thought!


The girls decided a birthday dinner at Pizzeria Uno sounded perfect. DH and I had plans for a great neighborhood Italian restaurant this weekend, which didn't happen because of the nasty virus. Big Sis is all set to take her Dad out to dinner, just her, tonight, since Lil Sis and I are still planted on the couch. My contribution (besides the hat), to the celebration are Coldstone's new cupcakes. I hope they're good!

10 comments:

Helen said...

Jason has really taken off a lot of weight (not that he needed to - I thought he looked fine the last time I saw him). I almost bought those Coldstone cupcakes the other night. Let me know how they taste. Happy Birthday, Jason.

Chloe said...

Wow, he has lost weight! And those cupcakes look like fun - we may have to try those...

Happy Birthday Jason!

wendysue said...

Happy birthday to J! Love the hat! (very Jason Mraz'ish)

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! I do love the hat. My husband's birthday is tomorrow and I too got those same cupcakes. Hope they taste as good as they look!

Zinone said...

Happy birthday Jason!!! Your hat looks cool!
K and D

Catherine said...

happy birthday to your husband.......and YUMMO on those cupcakes!

beth said...

Happy Birthday Jason!! Okay Adam turns 36 soon and just bought a hat kinda like that. Interesting.....

And you HAD to link to those cupcakes???!!! I will be doing that for Adam, too.

Kage said...

beth....SUCH a copycat......

; )

kristie sessions said...

such a skinny minny that guy is. Happy B-day Jason! You look like a kool kat man in that hat. cha cha.

McKay said...

Happy BELATED birthday, J, hope the day was delightful! He looks great, even younger than last year.