Wednesday, February 25, 2009

dum du dah DUM!

About 3 weeks ago, I took this photo of myself after a long day with my kids. My agents wanted to know what my hair looked like RIGHT NOW.

I was amazed that I booked a job off of that photo (apparently the portfolio swayed the client, because I know it was not that polaroid, as they kept calling it.) The head hair gal also thought this photo showed me to have about 4 hairs on my head. They were surprised at just how many layers back my hair goes.

So, since they agreed to cutting my hair the way I wanted it cut, I have been anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting for yesterday, which turned out to be a color-only day. DRAT. I had to wait ONE DAY MORE (can I get a Les Miz march please?)

Today we shot my now, OLD hair in a few different looks, and then it was time for the chop!


And there it is:


I am told that my posture changed after the haircut, that the haircut kind of revealed the true me. Well, I hope so, then maybe I can stop going to therapy!

If you live in Minneapolis, you can get the haircut by Renee at this salon:
REGIS SALON
MALL OF AMERICA
152 E BROADWAY
BLOOMINGTON, MN 55425
(952) 854-8484

15 comments:

Catherine said...

love the new haircut!

kristie sessions said...

oh yes. i already see a new bounce in your step (so to speak) Your spirits look lifted after just one cut. thats what I call a great cut!!!

onehm said...

It's DARLING! So happy! Not that your other look wasn't fabulous, because it was! But this is really wonderful too!

Lisa said...

So cute! Love it!

becca said...

I saw your post and immediately looked down to the first picture you posted, thinking THAT was the picture of the new cut! I was like, oh okay- that's....different. Haha.
But the REAL new hair looks FAB!

Ann said...

shorter hair makes you look even more like your beautiful mother! you are darling no matter what you do!

Melissa said...

Soooo cute, Kage! Can I request a back-view shot? I think I've had, and LOVED this cut (or something similar) before, but don't know how to describe it to my stylist.

kj said...

Your stylist knew how to compliment your great features. Your cut is so great for warm weather ahead.
I predict that you'll love it and get lots of jobs.

wendysue said...

That just FEELS like a fun spring cut! Bring on the sunny days at the park (AND on the job hopefully!)

margo said...

Very cute! and I agree... you look more like your beautiful mother more than ever.

This is Carrie said...

I love it!

Heather said...

It looks so great on you! I am itching to do something different...this translates to "I want the exact cut and color that I've had for the last 20 years"

McKay said...

So did Renee come to you, or do you happen to be in Minnesota?

Kage said...

Renee came to me......

Anonymous said...

hey kage! i've been reading your blog since runway moms first aired and have always loved your style & looks. i do have to say though that short hair is just you! that's probably why your posture changed. the way you have it now is similar to the way it was in the show which was adorable, my fave way.
christy