Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Gradually Going Thrifty

Voicemail: "Hi honey, give me a call, I have to tell you something, you are going to be so proud of me."

So I called him, and he told me what happened:

"I called the cable company and told them that my wife was threatening to cancel the cable because it is too expensive, and I was going to have to cancel it if they couldn't do something for me. They put me on hold and came back with a 24-month plan that was 41% less than what we are paying now. I said, sign me up."

And I was proud of him. And the amount we are saving is the exact amount of a recently added new expense that we have. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Now...who else can we call?

3 comments:

LMT said...

That is awesome. On a whim I turned on Oprah yesterday (Tues) and found the whole episode on how to save $$$. I came into it late but my favorite site was one where it let you know on each day of the week which places in your area kids eat for free. Anyway, check it out. There were so many other tips and websites.

LMT said...

And here is a site for coupons that was featured on the show. http://www.couponmom.com/

Kage said...

LMT, since I am a non-whim Oprah watcher (read: tivo it every day), I did see that episode when it first aired....thanks for the website.