Sunday, February 01, 2009

Jumping.


Can you tell the blogging has picked up? That would be because since Monday afternoon I have been trying to nurse Big Sis back to health. Basically this entails checking the heat on her forehead, dosing her up with motrin and changing the dvd in the player every few hours. There has been orange juice and soup involved as well, and lots of jammies and blankies.

I have managed to get out of the house a few times for a few castings, because of a friend who so willingly has risked getting the same nasty virus (105 degree temperature....my first time seeing that as a mom..no strep, no flu, just a virus urgh!), and relieving me for a few hours. The rest of the time I am just meal planning (hurray!), working on the website, mailings, networking, taxes, other financial priorities, organizing, laundry, 1st-grade yearbook, reading, and blogging. Ironically, I have had a little spring in my step throughout all this idleness. I have felt chipper. I am taking note of that.

I can't remember if I shared my mother's Christmas card last year but here it is. I called it Jumping for Jesus, but I think she captioned it Jumping for Joy. Obviously inspired by my bro Sam and his collection of jumping photos.

His latest sent home this week...man he can get high:

6 comments:

jlk said...

Mini-me had the high fever virus for about a week. It's a very strange illness, isn't it?

Lisa said...

Get better, little one.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Evie Parks said...

what an AWESOME christmas card!!! love it!

Beth said...

It's not quite the same as having a sick kid, but when I was potty-training Tyler I thought I would be SO BORED and antsy (sp?) being stuck in the house but ended up having the best time - cleaning, organizing, playing with my kids and such. Life just seemed really simple. It was nice.

You should post some of your meal planning. I always have a hard time with that.

wendysue said...

Ugh, that's totally what I have. . .I hope she's over it soon! Glad you were able to get so much done! (It's nice when they're a little older and can be pacified with a movie and a sip of 7-up huh?)