Thursday, February 19, 2009

Third Person Thursday



She was caught off guard when she saw the commercial for the Meningitis Vaccine. She felt the tears well up and then quickly and quietly tucked them away.

The tears were for this: What if I had had that vaccine? I would never have gotten meningitis and then epilepsy. What if the vaccine wouldn't touch viral meningitis, and it wouldn't have worked anyway? What's that they said about allergies to latex? well I guess I wouldn't have been able to get the vaccine anyway, because of my allergies. What if I didn't have all these allergies? What if.....

She reminded herself that it has turned out different than expected, but it's ok.

3 comments:

A-me said...

Izzard has many moments where she tears up and wants to be like everyone else... she throws the what if questions out there from time to time... I imagine a hard pill to swallow. Definitely ok to be different. Different is good. :) I'll have to show Izzard your post.. she likes to see other people she knows having allergies.. she likes to see there are other people out there struggling just like her. Comforting.

Me, Myself and I said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helen said...

Hey, TPT turned into FPT! We are all different in our own unique ways - everyone battles something. Remember you have lots of support from family and friends.