Friday, February 06, 2009

Tickled.

I got a tickle in my throat yesterday. I knew it was the beginning of something.

My throat felt so scratchy that I bought some Halls so that I could get through therapy and lunch with a friend. As is usually the case with a cold, it got worse as the day went on. By the evening I was having a hard time catching my breath and was feeling tight in my throat.

I was tickled to have my agent call me for a vice over audition today. I do not audition for voice over very much, so I did a little research last night on voice over auditions. I was happy that I did that, nothing really new, but stuff I had sort of forgotten.

This morning I woke up and of course the tickle had progressed to a piece of croup from days gone by just sitting on my throat. Not only is my voice pretty hoarse, but it also just plain HURTS to talk. I am dismayed. My first voice over audition in a long time, might even name it my first official voice over audition, and I have voice issues....today of all days!

So, I have been eating halls and I plan to get some tea or throat stuff at the pharmacy this morning, hopefully try to squeak out the audition this afternoon.

This is so my life....am I right?

8 comments:

Guinevere said...

Fisherman's Friend cough drops are nasty, but saved me a couple times when I was sick and had to sing.

Lisa said...

Hey, you never know...maybe they are looking for a raspy sound!

kristie sessions said...

good luck today!

Kage said...

Guys...it was not ideal. My voice cracked in those unexpected places. My third try was ok....but I clearly have like a voice-disease....my voice hurts to use it and the swallow does not hurt in my throat, it's undder my throat, in the voice place. And I am getting progressively achy and tired. I might have the dreaded virus!!!

Lisa said...

Oh no....I will check in with you tomorrow.

Linz said...

UGH

jlk said...

Have you ever tried Throat Coat? You can get it at GNC. It's pretty great stuff.

Kage said...

jlk, yes, and I knew I would probably only be able to get it at GNC...I did try my local pharmacy but they did not even know what it was. I might try to find some today...