Saturday, March 28, 2009

Witness


8:30 PM to 9:30 PM, March 28, 2009. 1 hour with the lights off. Why don't we do this more often?

New York Life Building at 8:29:50 PM...I didn't even have enough time to try for a non-blurry shot:

8:30 PM:

8:25 PM:

8:30 PM:
The scalloped white lights on the bridge are turned off. Look at the light in the clouds from picture 1 to picture 2.

Look at the Citigroup center on the right. It reminds me of the skyline in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, with it's light agitating the clouds, here at 8:25 PM:

And at 8:30 PM:

When I arrived at my shooting spot, the Chrysler building was not turned on at all, but the other buildings all went dark ON THE DOT. It was pretty cool to watch.



4 comments:

kj said...

Thanks for sharing your timely photos of NYC. I am 30 minutes late participating but I was in a huge cooking spree so I'll extend until 10. I'm interested to read how 08's earth hour compared with 09's.

Evie Parks said...

Love it! Especially the neat city shots.
I think it's cool that some of the billboards in Times Square even shut off their lights. I can't even imagine how much energy must've been saved!!!

Catherine said...

what great pictures kristy!

Ashley said...

Those are great pictures!