Wednesday, April 08, 2009

3 to the 0

It's official. I'm 30.

I woke up this morning with two of my best friends from Cali sleeping on my couches. They are here! In the city! On my birthday!

Then my husband surprised me with a big box that was heavy. A new crockpot! I desperately needed one and I didn't even drop hints or tell him that's what I wanted, he just came UP with that! Awesome. It's like super high tech, sleek shape, nice design, and stainless steel. I HEART my new crockpot.

He also bought me my favorite cupcakes in the world. Chocolate with pink buttercream frosting from Buttercup. Breakfast-cupcakes! So thrilled. So yummy.

We sang, lit a candle, opened presents all before he went to work.

I got lots of cards and some generous checks from parents and grandparents, and I confess, after 30 years of birthdays, I had a feeling some of these checks were coming, so I did a little pre-shopping for my birthday dress!


I quite like it. I think it will help me to PARTY on this, my 30th birthday. Cutom-made, Etsy of course.

My mom made me an album of photos of just the two of us over these 30 years. I laughed and I cried as I read through these pages that she so thoughtfully put together. The last page is the best. I am going to scan it later and put it on the blog. My Dad wrote me a beautiful letter reminding me of all the blessings in my life, including HIM!

There is more in store for this day, it's only 9 AM after all. But, right now, while my girls are playing in their room with my friends' girls....I am going to stay in my bed and load up my kindle with the gift certificate my sister sent me! 30th birthday is going WAY good so far.

20 comments:

D said...

Happy birthday! I love the blurry bed-jumper in the background.

LMT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Liz said...

Happy birthday! Have the BEST day!

Catherine said...

have a great day! I ordered a kindle zippered case for my FIL from etsy........want the link?
enjoy birthday and CUPCAKES!
catherine in orlando

hymas fam said...

Happy birthday! i'm laughing at the little nudist in the background of your pic, because as I'm reading this i too have a little nudist running around my house. hope you have a great day!

teamZ said...

Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

The dress is to die for!

A-me said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

The dress is the perfect fit and looks amazing on you! Love the jumping blur on the bed.

Have fun with your BFF's!

Chloe said...

Loving the dress - that's a home run for sure.

Happy birthday, dear :)

Ann said...

happy birthday! been thinking about you for a few weeks knowing that your big day was coming up! hope the rest of it exceeds your expectations as well. btw-love the naked blur on the bed;). sending my love!!

Gedde Adventures said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!!!

Britt said...

Happy Birthday, Kristy!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday! That dress is SO cute!

beth said...

Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evie Parks said...

Happy 30th, Kristy!!!
Hope your day continues to be wonderful.
Love the dress!

Linz said...

Happy Birthday! I love you! Mom said your dress was the cutest thing she ever saw and I would have to agree. She said "It's better than a Michelle Obama"!

I love that Lolly has a "birthday suit" on as well.

NTG said...

Happy B-Day Kristy!! You are the coolest!!

jlk said...

I hope your birthday was great! The dress is darling. I heart etsy.

wendysue said...

I was just thinking about those cupcakes the other day. . have another one for me! Hope your birthday was great!

Corinne said...

Have a GREAT birthday :)