Sunday, April 05, 2009

Kite Runner

There were a lot of parts of the novel that brought me to tears, but I had forgotten so much of it. I finally saw the film last night. It is on my list of excellent film adaptations.

I believe so strongly in the miracle of forgiveness. When these lyrics from the song Supplication by Sami Yusuf started playing near the end of the film, it was over, the tears welled up.

O My Lord,
My sins are like
The highest mountain;
My good deeds
Are very few
They’re like a small pebble.
I turn to You
My heart full of shame,
My eyes full of tears.
Bestow Your
Forgiveness and Mercy
Upon me.

I downloaded the song, and though I am not Muslim, the message speaks to me. Maybe it will to you too.



4 comments:

Gedde Adventures said...

Kage,
I got this movie last week in the mail, and haven't yet watched it, I am so excited. I didn't read Kite Runner, but did read A Thousand Splendid Suns. Loved that one...
Thanks for the review :)

hdknowles said...

I didn't read the book, but I loved the movie. It was very moving.

Lisa said...

Loved the movie and the book

Laura said...

I have read both books and also enjoyed the movie. I also believe in the power of forgiveness.