Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another First

Yesterday morning Phoebe woke up and asked for some floss first thing. "Mom, I have something stuck in my teeth."

When she still couldn't get the thing out of her teeth, she called me to the bathroom. I wrapped the floss around my fingers and asked her which tooth, and as I dove in to remedy the mysterious remnant, I discovered her first loose tooth.

I did a Phoebe dance right then and there. Jumping up and down, flapping my arms. I was more excited then she was.

That night we had what I called "Wiggle Time." I did a gentle massage on her little tooth to see how ready it was for extraction.

Tonight she struggled to eat her sandwich for dinner, so I gave her the choice: keep it or pull it.

She said a prayer and brought me a kleenex and pop, out it came. She was brave.


Now she has matching gaps. See?



14 comments:

HHRose said...

SHE LET YOU PULL IT?! Unreal...Good for her!

Lisa said...

I loved that she phoned to tell me and I was so sorry to miss her call. Can't wait to hear about the tooth fairy!

kristie sessions said...

oh YEAH!!! Congrats to such a big girl!!! Hope the tooth fairy digs deep for that one ; )

Alisa said...

I am amazed that she let you pull it! Our daughter had hers hanging forever. I was so scared she was going to swallow it!
Cute little smile-

Chloe said...

YAY! First tooth is a big deal - heck, they're all big deals in my book!

Rachel H said...

Wow- Lena seriously won't let me NEAR her loose teeth!! She lets them hang until they just drop out!

teamZ said...

Lolly and H have matching spaces in their top teeth. Syd had one too. It was be Team Z genetics.

A first loss tooth is very exciting!

Kage said...

teamZ, oh that gap is ALL their DAD....who is definitely not on team Z......

It was one of the first attributes I noticed about my girls as soon as they came out of the womb, that little gummy bump!

D said...

Scotty has a gummy bump too, just like his uncle Taylor Douglas.

retrobec said...

I love the matching gaps! That's so cute. I can't wait until my oldest starts losing teeth. I doubt he will be so brave. Way to go Phoebe!

Kage said...

retrobec, my little secret:

"When I was a girl I got 25 cents for my tooth, but you get more the BRAVER you are...."

totally worked.

$2- reward. And, I usually got a dollar, not 25 cents
; )

Amee said...

Wow, brave girl! My DD(7) just lost her 4th tooth on Monday, and it was just as dramatic as the other 3. It hangs for days and she whines and cries about how much it hurts, till I finally get a grip on it, lol. Then its "that didn't hurt at all mama!".

LMT said...

Yeehaaawwww!! That is so cute and exciting! I can't wait to see her and her new space. Tell her congrats for me, or the equivalent to a little one. hehe

LMT said...

oh yeah, you gotta post about the Tooth Fairy visit.