Monday, May 11, 2009

I live for days like these...

...but I'm tired.

I dropped Lolly off at her modeling job this morning, only to have to rush to my own booking. I rehearsed my one-act reading for most of the morning. After a nice lunch at Whole Foods I got this huge wad of snot in my left sinus.

And it wouldn't go away. I couldn't swallow it and I couldn't blow it out. It was stuck.

I fought through the snot and took a mucinex, and it finally cleared in time for me to sing. It went pretty well considering it is the hardest music I have had to learn in such a short period of time. I think the composers were happy in the end. I am happy it's over.

I was surprised to find that Lolly was STILL at work when I finished at 4. I zipped over to the set and found her in full Christmas attire, peaking out of a window with an older girl, being sprinkled with fake snow. She also described a shot she did with a boy who was her Prince...who knows what that one was.

While we were apart, the wrangler on set was texting me about how she was doing....he reported that she told him she had 4 brothers and that she is in the 1st grade. She was in good spirits when I picked her up, and as we went to use the bathroom, she stopped in front of a mirror and did some posing. I think the modeling thing rubbed off on her today.

She is going back tomorrow, so I am glad she had a good time today. Phoebe was excited that I brought her some peanut butter on white bread sandwiches that I swiped from the set. We made it home after a lot of schlepping and working today. And I am ready for a nice break from all this work.


1 comment:

LMT said...

Nice. Work is good, that is cool Lollie gets to do so much! She is really good so I hope there is more.